Position Description: Principal QA Engineer
Location: - Kolkata
• Expertise in any of below areas
1. Any of the L2-L3 Protocols like TCP/IP, VLAN, STP, RSTP, MSTP, OSPFv4/v6, RIP/RIPng, ISISv4/v6 and BGP/BGP+, LACP
2. Any multicast protocols like IGMP/MLD, PIM/PIMv6, mVPN
3. Any MPLS protocols like LDP, RSVP, L3 VPN, L2 VPN, VPLS, MPLS-TP
4. Any carrier Ethernet protocols like CFM, Y.1731, PBB-TE, BFD
• Knowledge of router/switch configuration and debugging like Cisco, Juniper, Alcatel etc.
• Customer support escalations owner for several technologies, and ensure that they are translated into regression scenarios.
• Should be able to organize and provide technical trainings/presentations within own team
• Demonstrate innovation by suggesting improvements to QA process/methodology and by suggesting new product features
• Able to identify software/hardware needs for upcoming projects (CAPEX)
• Able to attend and provide input in Dev-QA sync-up meetings
• Able to actively participate in Cross Functional Teams meetings
• Able to design and document testing strategies and techniques; able to identify and implement new testing tools
• Able to perform customer related activities (technical presentations, demos, customer visits)
• Able to analyze competition products and identify differentiators
• Should be able to act independently with considerable judgment & initiative to determine methods and procedures on new or special assignments.
• Able to represent Ixia working directly with customers at engineer/lead levels to support new functionality deployments, investigate issues, and capture customer feedback.
• Strong System test and Performance test knowledge.
• Strong Automation Skill. Knowledge of scripting language such as TCL.
• Strong QA practices: Organize and provide input in FS/TP review; Required to translate Marketing Feature/Product Requirements Documents (FRD/PRD) use cases in test scenarios; Able to define System Test scenarios; Required to maintain up-to-date documentation (TP/TC); Required to provide input in customer support escalations.
• Knowledge of networking debugging tools like Ethereal, TCP dump, Wire shark
• Knowledge of testing tools like Ixia, Spirent, and Agilent will be an added advantage.
• Comfortable working in both Windows and Linux environments.
• Ability to prioritize workload, balancing different projects, to be able to meet deadlines.
• Very good understanding of product development lifecycle and QA lifecycle.
• Strong oral and written communication skills.
Qualification and Average Year of experience:
• BE/B.Tech (Comp Sc, ECE, EE) with good academics
• MCA with good academics
• Science Graduate with post graduation done in Comp Sc, Statistic, Physics, Maths (with good programming background) with good academics
• 8+ years of experience
if your profile matches the above specifications send your updated CV to email@example.com with the subject line "Principal QA Engineer"