Position : Senior Engineer
– Design and Specification:
• Accurately scope small to moderate features
• Able to identify factors affecting a potential implementation
• Able to design and document a feature of moderate or wider scope
– Implementation: Able to implement, test, and debug a feature of diverse scope.
• Understands Ixia and Industry development practices and standards.
• Able to use tools, programming techniques, and debug techniques as well as Ixia applications
– Bugs: Able to find root cause and fix moderate bugs across a wider area of expertise
– Level of independence:
• Uses judgment is selecting methods and techniques with little instructions or mentoring.
• Resolves issues using practical experience as well as new solutions
This lead software developer will work on core code for the networking test applications. Will design and implement high performance software for real time network layer 4-7 traffic generation and analysis. Should be able to review and guide small team of 3/4 people and should be able to communicate to cross functional teams.
6/7+ years of hands-on C, C++ development on Windows and/or Linux platforms (Linux is a must), including using Software development toolkits and developing multi-threaded applications.
Strong knowledge of Internet protocols such as TCP, UDP, HTTP, FTP, SMTP, TELNET, and DNS.
Experience developing distributed applications and asynchronous communication mechanisms
Experience developing commercial software
Experience in source-controlled environment e.g. Perforce/Clearcase.
Must be a self-starter, accustomed to a fast-paced environment.
Must have experience of technical leadership for a small team.
Must have proficiency in tools like ethereal/wireshark, gdb, valgrind etc.
Desirable: Knowledge of Python. Kernel Programming. Object-oriented design and coding,
Qualification and Average Year of experience
• BE or B.Tech (Com Sc, ECE, EE)
• MCA (with 7 years of Experience)
• Science Graduate with post graduation done in Com Sc, Statistic, Physics (with good programming background)
• 3-9 years of experience
if your profile matches the above specifications send your updated CV to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line "Senior Engineer"